The Japan Analytical Instruments Manufacturers' Association (hereinafter referred to as "JAIMA") understands the importance of personal information and complies with all laws and regulations regarding personal information in Japan, such as Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Act"), as well as other norms. Furthermore, in order to fulfill our social responsibility, JAIMA has also established a security management system and strives to protect personal information.
(1) Method of obtaining personal information
JAIMA obtains personal information (name, name of employer, postal code, address, department name, job title, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or fax number) through: the registration of officers, member representatives, member contact staff, and committee members, etc.; applications for lectures, conferences, and seminars, etc., held by JAIMA or held in cooperation with other corporations/organizations; and various inquiries on businesses related to JAIMA. Additionally, when obtaining personal information, JAIMA clearly states the purpose of use in advance and obtains consent from the individual that is registering or submitting other types of applications (hereinafter referred to as the "User").
(2) Purpose of use of personal information
JAIMA will use the personal information obtained with the consent of the User for the following purposes:
- To send reception slips, etc., for lectures, conferences, and seminars, etc., for which the individual has applied, as well as to send other related information;
- To bill membership fees, attendance fees, or fees for books, etc., and to send information necessary for operation;
- To send information on projects and events organized by JAIMA and related committees;
- For analysis and extraction used to improve exhibitions, lectures, seminars, and other services, and to plan related services;
- To ask for opinions and feedback; and
- To respond to inquiries and consultation.
(3) Management of personal data
JAIMA will: strictly manage the obtained personal information within the scope of the purpose of use stated above; take measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or falsification, etc., of personal information; and strive to ensure security when managing personal information. When JAIMA outsources the handling of personal information, we will enter into a confidentiality agreement with the contractor and will manage and supervise the handling of such information.
(4) Regarding joint use of personal data
JAIMA will place the JAIMA Secretariat in charge of personal information management and will share a portion of the personal information described in section "(1) Method of obtaining personal information" with JAIMA-related committees for use in accordance with the above purposes.
(5) Regarding the provision of personal data to third parties
JAIMA will not disclose personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- When consent is obtained in advance from the individual;
- When the individual has attended lectures, conferences, or seminars, etc., held by JAIMA (a list of names of attendees will be provided as viewer information to the people in charge of cooperating groups and speakers);
- When outsourcing all or a portion of the handling of personal information to an external cooperating company within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use;
- When deemed necessary based on laws and regulations;
- When necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of that person;
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution or a local public entity, or a party contracted by such an institution/entity, to execute affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and when obtaining consent from the person could hinder the execution of those affairs; or
- When someone becomes infected with COVID-19 or other infectious disease at an event, etc., held by JAIMA and when it is necessary to respond in cooperation with the prefectural government, municipal government, or public health center, etc., in accordance with Japan’s Act on the Prevention of Infectious Diseases and Medical Care for Patients with Infectious Diseases.
(6) Disclosure, addition, correction, deletion of registered information for personal information, notification of purpose of use, and disclosure of record of provision to third parties
Please use the contact information at the bottom of this page if you want to have the personal information held by JAIMA deleted. In regard to the disclosure of registration details, notification of purpose of use, and disclosure of records of provision to third parties, please fill out the request form available below and send it by postal mail. After confirming that the request is made by the individual person in question, JAIMA will respond promptly in good faith. Please note that the operations cost stated on the request form will be incurred for any disclosure of registration details, notification of purpose of use, or disclosure of records of provision to third parties.
Click here for the "Request Form for the Disclosure of Personal Data Held by JAIMA."
(7) Regarding the handling of specific personal information
Regarding the handling of specific personal information, JAIMA complies with Japan’s Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (hereinafter referred to as the "My Number Act")" and Japan’s Basic Policy on Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information, etc. (for Business Operators), as per the following.
- The scope of use for specific personal information is the fulfillment of administrative procedures related to social security, tax, and disaster countermeasures as stipulated in the My Number Act. JAIMA will acquire and use specific personal information to the extent necessary.
- If a monetary award, etc., was paid to a speaker, personal numbers will be used when preparing and submitting payment records to the tax office.
- JAIMA will not provide specific personal information to third parties except for the recipients stipulated in the My Number Act.
- JAIMA may outsource the handling of specific personal information within the scope of the purpose of use stipulated by the My Number Act.
- When the handling of specific personal information is completed, JAIMA will promptly delete or clear the personal number information held.
(8) Regarding SSL security
When obtaining personal information through the JAIMA website, JAIMA strives to ensure security via encryption using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). JAIMA is not responsible for ensuring the security of the User’s personal information on third-party websites as linked from the JAIMA website.
(9) Regarding cookies
※ Note regarding cookie settings:
1) Browser settings
The User can disable cookies via the "Settings" menu of their web browser. The setting method differs depending on the browser. Please refer to the "Help" menu for your browser.
2) Opting out of "Behavioral Advertisements"
Please check the websites of each company for the cookies contained in behavioral advertisements using the technology of third-party companies. Examples are shown below.
(10) Contact information
If you have any inquiries regarding personal information or if you want to request the disclosure of your registration details or delete your registration, please contact us via the information shown below.
Revised on April 1, 2022